An emotional Ariana Grande was spotted for the first time since the terror attack at her Manchester concert on Monday as she touched down in her hometown of Boca Raton in Florida. The pop star could be seen in tears as she exited a private jet on Tuesday afternoon and was greeted by her bf Mac Miller, who was waiting on the tarmac to comfort the 23 years old singer. Ariana, who was dressed in head to toe black and carrying a purple unicorn onesie, shared a lengthy embrace and kiss with Miller before being whisked away in an vehicle caravan to a family member’s home in a nearby gated community. Miller could also been seen warmly embracing Ariana’s mother Joan, who like her daughter was dressed entirely in black and giving her a kiss on cheek as he helped her into one of the waiting cars. Police vehicles were also seen surrounding Joan’s nearby home, less than 24 hours after 22 people lost their lives and another 119 were injured when a improvised device went off inside Manchester Arena just moments after Ariana performed her final song.
Joan was one of the people in attendance when the bomb exploded and heading backstage to congratulate her daughter when the night suddenly described into chaos. Rather than panic she immediately got to work helping some of the young concertgoers make their way out of the arena and safely backstage, where she stayed with the group and helped to calm them down amidst the mayhem. Ariana has yet to speak publicly about the devastating attack. But did post a message on Twitter early Tuesday, writing ‘broken. from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i don’t have words.’ The pop star has also now indefinitely delayed her much anticipated European tour, which kicked off in Stockholm on May 8 and was set to wrap up on June 15 in Rome. She and Joan made a quick and quiet departure from England early in Tuesday morning with a little help from fellow pop star Taylor Swift, who lent the two women one of her private jets. Sources said, that Swift wasn’t involved in the process, as the private jet was financed down the middle by Grande’s touring corporation Live Nation and manager Scooter Braun.
ISIS is now taking credit for the Monday night massacre, with authorities identifying 22 years old Salman Abedi as the suicide bomber responsible for the carnage. The blast from Abedi’s improvised devise went off just seconds after Ariana finished her final song, with some of the injured victims telling authorities that the explosive appeared to be filled with nails and nuts. Abedi is the British born son of Libyan immigrants and lived just a some miles from the arena where Ariana performed. Police are still investigating whether or not Abedi might have been aided by any accomplices in attack and at least one other man has been arrested by authorities in connection with the attack. That individual, who is 23, has not yet been identified by cops. Investigators are spending a good deal of their time now pouring over thousands of videos filmed on Monday by Ariana’s young fans and the arena’s surveillance footage for any clues as to how the attack was planned and who may have helped to carry it out.
Prime Minister Theresa May announced in Tuesday evening that the threat level in the country had been raised to critical, meaning an attack could happen imminently in Britain. If incident is confirmed as a terrorist attack it would be the deadliest in Britain since four suicide bombers killed 52 London commuters on three subway trains and a bus in July 2005. Manchester Arena told on its website that the blast struck outside the venue as concertgoers were leaving. Some eyewitnesses told it happened in the foyer of the arena just after the concert ended. One witness told Grande had just finished her final song and told ‘Thank you, Manchester’ before leaving the stage when suddenly there was a loud explosion. The incident led to a nightlong search for loved ones as parents tried to locate their children and groups of friends scattered by the explosion sought to find one another. Taxi services offered to give stranded concertgoers rides home for free and residents opened their homes to provide lodging for people who couldn’t get home because public transport had shut down. City officials told the true spirit of Manchester would shine through despite the horrendous incident while Twitter and Facebook were filled with appeals for information about people who had not been accounted for.