A nursery worker was dragged to the ground and stabbed by 3 women as they chanted ‘Allah will get you’. Karrien Stevens, who runs Little Diamonds nursery in Hermon Hill, London told a member of staff, aged in her 30s, was punched, kicked and slashed by 3 girls while on her way to work this morning. The victim was walking down Wanstead High Street, in north London, when she was set upon and knifed. She was attacked from behind and then stabbed in the arm as her assailants chanted ‘Allah’, however police are not treating it as a terrorist incident. Nearby schools sent out emails telling parents they were on ‘lockdown’ after the attack at about 9:30 Am. The nursery boss described the attackers as ‘Asian girls’ and told they ran off when a man came to rescue and took her into work. She said ‘When she got to work we couldn’t believe it and called the police straight away. It’s terrible, I’m absolutely horrified. You don’t expect something like this to happen on your doorstep.’ A colleague, who did not want to be named, told the victim had ‘three Asian girls behind her chanting the Koran and “Allah”‘. She also said ‘They pulled her to the ground, punched her, kicked her. One of them pulled out a knife and cut her arm from her wrist to her elbow. The police turned up, the [paramedics] cleaned her wounds up. She’s okay, considering. Obviously it’s a shock, she’s in shock. She was in tears and she had a cut right up her arm. Her stomach was hurting, she had marks all over her, her hair was pulled out.’  The victim, described as a white woman, was attacked by 3 girls ‘dressed all in black’ less than 10 minutes’ walk from the nursery. The Metropolitan Police confirmed that it was called at 9:36 Am and found the victim with a ‘slash wound’. They drove the victim around the area in an attempt to find the perpetrators. No arrests have been made yet. ‘The Met’s Counter Terrorism Command has been made aware of the incident but is not investigating at this time’ a spokesman said. Another spokesman said ‘We sent an ambulance crew to the scene, arriving in under six minutes. We treated a woman and the scene and took her to a hospital in east London.’

Rate this